We hope this update finds everyone doing well as we enter this next phase of what has been a challenging time for all of us.
Yesterday Governor Northam announced that Northern Virginia (NoVA) will be entering Phase Two of the Virginia Forward Safer at Home guidelines on Friday, June 12, 2020. These guidelines are our start to re-opening Stone Ridge for our residents.
Based on the Phase Two guidelines, we have the following updates:
- Stone Ridge pools will begin to open for lap swimming as staffing becomes available. (more details below)
- The Nettle Mill Fitness Center must remain closed. Due to the size of the facility we are not able to maintain the required distance.
- Tot lots, tennis courts, and basketball courts can be used, but the VA Guidelines say you must maintain 10’ distancing. We do not make any guarantees of facilities being virus free.
- Nettle Mill Clubhouse will continue to be closed for rentals.
Here are details regarding the pool opening:
- Only lap swimming is allowed with one person per lane at this time.
- You are required to have a valid Stone Ridge access card in order to enter the pool area.
- There will be no guests allowed.
- Greenstone pool will be the first to open on Saturday, June 13th.
- Additional pools and times will be added based on usage and staff availability.
- Online/app reservation system with a waiting list will be used. More details coming soon.
- Each person entering the pool area will be required to sign a waiver form.
- Swimmers under 18 must have a parent present at check-in to sign the waiver form.
- Swimmers under 16 must have a parent with them the entire time.
- No pool furniture will be on the deck. Swimmers and parents/guardians may bring their own chair.
- Each person must submit to having their temperature taken with the touchless forehead thermometer to enter the pool area. Per VA Guidelines your temperature must be less than 100.4°F.
- Each session will be 45 minutes with 15 minutes between sessions for cleaning.
Social distancing is still the best way to reduce the spread of the coronavirus, so please consider this fact when you are out in the community.
(Information source: www.virginia.gov/coronavirus/forwardvirginia/)
Upon request from many residents, the Board agreed that small, temporary pools can be put in your backyard. Please note the following guidelines:
- Temporary pools must be removed by September 21, 2020.
- Make sure not to empty the water on your neighbors’ yards.
- Please repair any damaged grass.
If you have questions or need clarifications, please contact the HOA Office at email@example.com or 703-327-5179
We continue to remain in close contact with industry experts, as well as following the directions of the health department and CDC, as we move forward with re-opening Stone Ridge safely. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to work through this difficult time in our lives.
Kathy Beaulne, General Manager