Re-opening Stone Ridge – A Virginia Forward Update — Phase Three
We hope this update finds everyone doing well as we enter the next phase of the Governor’s Virginia Forward plan.
On Tuesday, Governor Northam announced that all of VA will be entering Phase Three of the Virginia Forward Safer at Home plan beginning July 1, 2020. These guidelines are what we follow as we safely re-open Stone Ridge in phases for our residents.
Based on the Phase Three guidelines, we have the following updates:
- All Stone Ridge pools will be open for swimming beginning July 1, 2020. (more details below)
- The Nettle Mill Fitness Center must remain closed. Due to the size of the facility we are not able to maintain the required distance, nor do we have staff to clean and monitor per the guidelines.
- Tot lots, tennis courts, and basketball courts can be used, but the VA Guidelines say you must maintain 10’ distancing. We do not make any guarantees of facilities being virus free.
- Nettle Mill Clubhouse will be open for rentals, but the number of attendees for any event is restricted to 54.
Here are details regarding the pool opening:
- Pools are restricted to 50% of the occupancy load rate.
- You are required to have a valid Stone Ridge access card in order to enter the pool area.
- There will be no guests allowed.
- The new online reservation application will continue to be used for all pools.If you need assistance signing onto the program, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each person entering the pool area will be required to sign a waiver form.
- Swimmers under 18 must have a parent present at check-in to sign the waiver form.
- Swimmers under 16 must have a parent with them the entire time.
- No pool furniture will be on the deck. Swimmers and parents/guardians may bring their own chair.
- Each person must submit to having their temperature taken with the touchless forehead thermometer to enter the pool area. Per VA Guidelines your temperature must be less than 100.4°F.
- Each session will be 1 hour and 45 minutes with 15 minutes between sessions for cleaning.
- There will be two lap lanes remaining at Greenstone pool, but these will be on a first come basis and cannot be reserved. Up to three people per lane at a time.
- All persons in the pool must maintain a 10-foot distance between themselves and anyone else in the pool who does not live in your home. Staff will be on the deck to monitor the social distancing requirements.
- No food is allowed at the pool.
- No toys, floats, noodles, kickboards, etc. are allowed. For small children in the company of their parents, Coast Guard approved floatation wear is allowed.
(Information source: www.virginia.gov/coronavirus/forwardvirginia/)
Upon request from many residents, the Board agreed that small, temporary pools can be put in your backyard. Please note the following guidelines:
- Temporary pools must be removed by September 21, 2020.
- Make sure not to empty the water on your neighbors’ yards.
- Please repair any damaged grass.
If you have questions or need clarifications, please contact the HOA Office at email@example.com or 703-327-5179.
We continue to remain in close contact with industry experts, as well as following the directions of the health department and CDC, as we move forward with re-opening Stone Ridge safely. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to work through this difficult time in our lives.
Kathy Beaulne, General Manager