PATRIOT DISPOSAL, WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD.
By the time this newsletter arrives to your mailbox, you should have already received your two new toters from Patriot Disposal.
Prior to printing of this newsletter, American Disposal communicated with the Association Office that they have scheduled to pick up their toters the week of November 4th. While unsightly, please keep your empty American Disposal toters out on the curb until they are collected. You will not be penalized by the Association during this time of transition.
Below please find important information regarding trash and recycling collection for Patriot Disposal:
- Homeowners are responsible for the care and cleaning of their containers.
- There is a $75.00 replacement charge for each 96-gallon trash container and a $50.00 replacement fee for each 64-gallon container that is lost or stolen.
- SERVICE DAYS: MONDAYS & THURSDAYS
- Please place toters at the curb the night before or by 6 AM on pickup day.
- Containers cannot weigh more than 50 lbs., or they will not be emptied.
- Small furniture and mattresses can be placed at the curb with the regular trash.
- If you have trash that does not fit inside the toter, you can have an additional personal container.
- SERVICE DAYS: THURSDAYS
- Patriot Disposal’s recycling method is “single stream” which allows for the co-mingling of all recyclable materials in the recycling toter; place all recyclables directly into toter not plastic bags.
YARD WASTE COLLECTION
- SERVICE DAY: MONDAYS (March 1st through December 15th)
- Grass clippings and leaves must be set out for pickup inbio-degradable paper bags or in a trash container.
- Tree limbs and brush must be tied in bundles no longer than 4 feet in length and 6 inches in diameter.
- Residents are to contact Patriot Disposal at 703-257-7100 to arrange pickup of special and/or bulk items.
- Special items will be collected weekly for a fee to the resident.
- Special items include white goods (appliances), mid to large furniture and other large items.